CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away...

My girls love to sing this song, it seems that here lately I have wanted to sing this song everyday. Don't get me wrong I love the rain but I don't like big bad storms blowing through every other day.


With all this rain our current footwear is a little different than my most favorite footwear-flip flops. NJ and Emma love rain boots!!! Emma puts hers on at least once a day and stomps around the house showing us her boots.

It is really strange that the girls and I are somewhere that the rain seems to be never ending and Mark is somewhere that they pray for rain. While Mark was in Mississippi (January-March) they were pounded with storms on a weekly bases. It was so bad there that the building next to his was destroyed in one of the storms and then he flies out and within 24 hours he is in a place that never sees rain. It is strange that we all live on this planet and there are such extremes of weather. Growing up in Arkansas I have always feared tornadoes, I can remember living in Maine and getting very afraid during a very bad storm and no one knew what a tornado was really like. Moving back to Arkansas most people don't know what it is like to live 5 months with snow on the ground. I am very thankful that the Lord lets me spend time on this crazy planet with all the different types of weather.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, Darrah,this blog makes me smile! It makes me think of Mom. Kiss the girls for me!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Those are the sweetest boots, we love rain too. The girls when out and played in the puddles during a light rain shower the other day, and LOVED it. Thanks for posting on your blog again, I love reading it.

Anonymous said...

Okay, WHERE did you get those flamingo galoshes? Those are to die for! And you know, I think I'd rather brave a tornado then live with snow on the ground for 5 months. I'm soooo not a fan of the snow! (I'm still laughing that you call her "Monk". Too funny!)
kristen h.